Rules and Conduct
Always follow the “Coyote WAY”
In addition to other rights established by law, each student served by, or in behalf of a common school district shall possess the following substantive rights, and no school district shall limit these rights except for good and sufficient cause:
1) No student shall be unlawfully denied an equal education opportunity or be unlawfully discriminated against because of national origin, race, religion, economic status, sex, pregnancy, marital status, previous arrest, previous incarceration, or physical, mental or sensory handicap.
2) All students possess the constitutional right to freedom of speech and press, the constitutional right to a peaceable assembly and to petition the government and its representatives for redress of grievances, the constitutional right to free exercise of religion and to have their school’s free of sectarian control or influence, subject to reasonable limitations upon time, place, and manner of exercising such a right.
3) All students possess the constitutional right to be secure in their persons, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures.
4) All students shall have the right to be free from unlawful interference in their pursuit of an education while in the custody of a common school district.
5) No student shall be deprived of the right to an equal educational opportunity in whole or in part by a school district without due process of law.